SSNERROR in Download Client
We started receiving applications with SSNERROR in the SSN position via the download client. Some records do have SSN.
This caused some Colleague importing issues on our side.
Is this new or some other error going on? Does anyone else have this issue?
I looked on these forums, the new data dictionary, and the wiki space and I couldn't find any references to SSNERROR. And, if this is a new update, can it be documented somewhere?
Yes, we at Santa Rosa Junior College are getting this in the downloader data also and have submitted a ticket.0
at Saddleback College (891)
and Irvine Valley College(892) are getting this SSNERROR too and it's creating a problem for us importing data into our SIS.0
Sorry to hear the delivery of the SSN is causing problems. We have a ticket to address this issue asap. I'll post updates as our devs progress in their research into this issue.0
Same issue at Imperial Valley College, we are getting several records thru this in the downloader data0
The CCCTC Student Success Suite dev team is working on a fix for this issue. The root cause seems to be a change in the encryption used for SSN. I will post an update as soon as we have a timeframe for a hotfix. Thank you all for alerting us to this problem.
Adding a few more observations, just in case they are not already known...
None of the recent downloads contain valid SSN's.
None of the new downloads contain a value for the middlename field.
Looking at the applications online, the "Last 4 of SSN" is also blank.0
Good Afternoon. Is there a timeframe for the fix? We have a manual work around to upload applications for returning students. However, we are still receiving applications from students wishing to enroll in Spring classes and our deadline to enroll is this Sunday 2/6. This is causing delays in our application process...0
@Jane Linder Any update for this? This is becoming a growing issue as it impacts more and more students/potential students at Cabrillo. I can only assume all other colleges using the download client are also experiencing this. I think we'd all appreciate an update of any kind since it has been 7 days since any previous notification I can find.
We are sending out twice weekly global updates on the post-release issues. I'm sending out another today. Here's the update we sent on Thursday:
Below is a list of the Severity 1 issues reported by colleges with an update on the status of each one. These are the highest-priority issues affecting the largest number of colleges and those that require a code change to fix will be slated for a hotfix as soon as possible.
Spam Filter Utility in CCCApply Not Showing Some Applications–FIXED!
- Fix Status: Fixed–Database updates completed on February 3, 2022 have fixed this issue. Colleges should now be able to use the CCCApply Administrator’s spam filter utility to search for and find their previously missing student applications.
Students unable to view apps submitted prior to the SSS 1.0 release
- Fix Status: Fix in progress.
- Impacts: Students are unable to view any applications they submitted prior to the SSS 1.0 release. College staff can still view all submitted applications via the CCCApply Report Center.
The Issues below impact Download Client application delivery only:
SSN missing on student applications, "SSNERROR" displaying in SSN field
- Fix Status: This is the highest priority for the Student Success Suite development team, and a fix is in progress. The SSN number has been captured for students who entered one and can be delivered via the Download Client once the fix is deployed.
- This issue affects only colleges using the CCCApply Download Client.
- The “SSNERROR” value in the SSN field has interrupted the SIS/ERP import process for many student application records.
- Recommended workarounds:
- Update the SIS/ERP import processes to ignore the SSN field for now. The SSN number has been captured for students who entered one. Once this issue is fixed the student’s SSN can be delivered via the Download Client.
- Colleges that have a production implementation of SuperGlue running in parallel with their Download Client can obtain the SSN number from the SuperGlue staging tables.
- Important Note:
- Although the SSN has been captured and can be delivered once this issue is resolved, the following additional SSN information fields have been set incorrectly and will not be able to be recovered: ssnNo, ssnException, and ssnType.
CCPG SSN and Middle Name fields missing in Download Client application data
- Fix Status: Research indicates this issue may have the same root cause as the SSN error issue and may be addressed with the same fix. This issue will be re-evaluated once the SSN issue is fixed.
- Note: SSN Number has been captured for students who entered one and can be delivered via the Download Client when the fix has been deployed.
- Colleges are hindered in their ability to process student CCPG applications
Lower Severity Issues
Lower severity issues affecting fewer colleges or with workarounds in place are also being researched and addressed; however, these issues may not be included in the first post-release hotfix, which will be focused on addressing the Severity 1 issues listed above.
To report any additional issues please contact the staff support helpdesk:
Student and staff helpdesk volume has increased due to the new student account system rollout. Our 24/7 student support team is addressing all student calls and emails as quickly as possible. Staff support is also responding as quickly as possible to all reported issues and to college staff inquiries.0
What thread do we follow to get those updates when they are emailed?0
Going forward I'm going to create a new discussion in the System Alerts and CCCApply categories, rather than posting the update in the various discussion threads like I did last week. This way if you have notifications set to alert you to new postings you'll get an email notification of that. You can update your notifications settings by selecting to edit your profile.0
- 1.5K All Categories
- 204 CCCTC System Alerts
- 795 CCCApply
- 133 CCCApply Report Center
- 8 CCCApply Administrator
- 12 CCC Data Warehouse
- 8 CCC Glue: College Adaptor
- 75 CCC MyPath
- 19 OpenCCC Student Account
- 29 CCC Promise Grant Application
- 38 CCCApply International Application
- 63 CCC Accessibility Center
- 2 Enabling Services
- Implementation Project Managers (IPM)
- 1 College Relationship Managers (CRM)
- 47 Multiple Measures Initiative
- 46 Library Services Platform
- 11 Career Coach
- eTranscript California
- 4 C-ID
- 17 COCI
- 9 CCC ConferZoom
- 5 Best Practices for ccctechnology.info