Reminder!! Student Account and Application Systems Unavailable
The rollout of the new California Community Colleges (CCC) Student Account system continues today, Saturday, January 29th. The following student systems are unavailable until the rollout is complete:
- CCC Student Account system (OpenCCC)
- CCC Student application system
- CCC Student Onboarding system (CCC MyPath)
An update will be posted this afternoon or as soon as these systems are available.
When will CCCApply be back up and running?0
Thanks for reporting this. We are getting calls from several colleges about this same error. This is essentially a timeout error because of all the traffic on the new account system. Our network team is working to increase the number of connections needed to handle all the traffic and its interaction with the new technologies that have been deployed.
Thanks for your patience as we fine-tune the new system against a full load of our 2 million active students.0
The system was back online Sunday afternoon (January 30th). This morning at around 9 am we heard from several colleges that their students are getting 503/504 errors when signing in to the new account system or filling out the online application. These are timeout errors because of all the traffic on the new account system.
Our network team has already put a number of updates in place that allow students to use the application system, although it is still slower than usual. All this is part of balancing the new technologies that have been deployed against the usage patterns across all the colleges. Throughout this week, our development team is dedicated full-time to updating the new account system as needed to ensure our students can successfully submit their applications.
Please follow up and let me know how it is going with the students at Allan Hancock this afternoon. I just logged into my own production student account and was able to start an application. It is still slow, but usable.0
Thank you we are able to login now.0
Hello. We are receiving issues where if a student selects "I don't have an SSN", the value of SSNERROR appearing where the SSN is supposed to appear (these are for school who still use the Download client). Has this been fixed?0
Thanks for reaching out about this, and for sharing the specifics too (that this is occurring only for students who select "I don't have an SSN"). I've added this information to the development ticket we have for this issue. I'll post an update when I know the timeframe for deploying the fix.0
At Calbright our students still can't get to account creation, they're getting the 503 error.0
Hi Kip, We pushed a hotfix yesterday afternoon that should address the performance issues causing the 503/504 errors. Let me know if your students are able to apply now?
We are getting files, but there is an error in one of the fields.0
Good morning Jane. Bay Dinh of RSCCD reported in the CCC Listserv that SSNERROR value also appears with students who have specified a valid SSN in their application.0
L.A. colleges are not able to access the CCCApply Noncredit Application. Our applicants are still getting the ‘503 service unavailable’ message. It was reported last night to [email protected] Can we get an update?
Thx Michael for the update. Heard the same thing from Shasta College this morning. We are circling in on the root cause, which seems to be a change in the encryption for SSN. Will have more info by early tomorrow and will post an update.0
Hi Olivia, we are working on a fix for the 503 errors. We got a fix out yesterday that helped with the 503 errors encountered by students in the standard application, now we are working on this one.
I will post an update as soon as I hear back on the root cause. Sorry for the disruption, it should be back on track soon!0
Is there an update on the social security import issue? ETA?0
We have found the root cause, and it is due to the encryption on SSN. The dev team is working now to design and code the best solution, and our hope is that we can get a hotfix out asap. I'll update this forum as soon as we have a day/time for the hotfix.
Thank you Jane for this update. Is the issue only affecting those who exclusively using the Download Client to download their applications from CCCApply?0
I'm sorry bug you but do you have an update on the applications error. This is the first week of school for us and students are trying to register for classes.0
No apology necessary, I'm sorry for the delayed response. I was hoping we could announce that a fix is in hand, but I can't do that. We found a partial fix, but it still won't get the data to the colleges. We are making progress toward the full fix, and I'll give an update on that this afternoon. This issue is the team's top priority.0
L.A. Colleges are experiencing the same incident. The SSN is not available for downloaded for students who specified a valid SSN in their standard application. Is this only affecting those who exclusively use the Download Client? Is there an ETA on this fix?0
@Olivia_Alvarado - got word from support that the SSN issue only affects institutions who use the Download Client.0
This is happening at colleges using the CCCApply download client. The root cause is due to the move of the SSN from the student account system to the student applications. This caused two issues: 1. Moving SSN to apply added updated encryption on the SSN, and the download client was unable to process the updated encryption. 2. Three associated SSN data fields, ssnNo, ssnException, and ssnType were corrupted and so the data in those fields is incorrect.
We are in progress with a fix for this and hope to get a hotfix to address it asap.
The spam filter problem we believe has the same root cause and so we expect it will be fixed with the same hotfix.0
Will we be able to reflag these for download to properly pull in the SS info?0
Yes Roland, you will be able to properly pull the SSN via the Download client we have our fix deployed. Here's an update on this issue and others we are tracking or resolved:
Below is a list of the Severity 1 issues reported by colleges with an update on the status of each one. These are the highest-priority issues affecting the largest number of colleges and those that require a code change to fix will be slated for a hotfix as soon as possible.
Spam Filter Utility in CCCApply Not Showing Some Applications–FIXED!
- Fix Status: Fixed–Database updates completed on February 3, 2022 have fixed this issue. Colleges should now be able to use the CCCApply Administrator’s spam filter utility to search for and find their previously missing student applications.
Students unable to view apps submitted prior to the SSS 1.0 release
- Fix Status: Fix in progress.
- Impacts: Students are unable to view any applications they submitted prior to the SSS 1.0 release. College staff can still view all submitted applications via the CCCApply Report Center.
The Issues below impact Download Client application delivery only:
SSN missing on student applications, "SSNERROR" displaying in SSN field
- Fix Status: This is the highest priority for the Student Success Suite development team, and a fix is in progress. The SSN number has been captured for students who entered one, and can be delivered via the Download Client once the fix is deployed.
- This issue affects only colleges using the CCCApply Download Client.
- The “SSNERROR” value in the SSN field has interrupted the SIS/ERP import process for many student application records.
- Recommended workarounds:
- Update the SIS/ERP import processes to ignore the SSN field for now. The SSN number has been captured for students who entered one. Once this issue is fixed the student’s SSN can be delivered via the Download Client.
- Colleges that have a production implementation of SuperGlue running in parallel with their Download Client can obtain the SSN number from the SuperGlue staging tables.
- The SSN is also available in the submitted application data stored in the CCCApply Report Center
- Important Note:
- Although the SSN has been captured and can be delivered once this issue is resolved, the following additional SSN information fields have been set incorrectly and will not be able to be recovered: ssnNo, ssnException and ssnType.
CCPG SSN and Middle Name fields missing in Download Client application data
- Fix Status: Research indicates this issue may have the same root cause as the SSN error issue and may be addressed with the same fix. This issue will be re-evaluated once the SSN issue is fixed.
- Note: SSN Number has been captured for students who entered one and can be delivered via the Download Client when the fix has been deployed.
- Colleges are hindered in their ability to process student CCPG applications
Lower Severity Issues
Lower severity issues affecting fewer colleges or with workarounds in place are also being researched and addressed; however, these issues may not be included in the first post-release hotfix, which will be focused on addressing the Severity 1 issues listed above.
To report any additional issues please contact the staff support helpdesk:
Student and staff helpdesk volume has increased due to the new student account system rollout. Our 24/7 student support team is addressing all student calls and emails as quickly as possible. Staff support is also responding as quickly as possible to all reported issues and to college staff inquiries.0
What field is the full SSN available from in the Report Center? I only see the display SSN, which is just the last 4.0
i would like to know this too0
MT SAN ANOTNIO COLLEGE: Any word on SSNERROR fix. We have had our applications on hold for the last 5 days.0
L.A. City College reported the following incident with the Noncredit application.
"Please see the attached screenshot of another CCCApply issue that we have been experiencing as of this morning.
It seems that CCCApply allows new applicants to fill out the account creation screen but once they hit submit to create the account, the students are met with the attached error message and instructions to contact CCCApply support.
Unfortunately, contacting CCCApply Support sent us to an automated message indicating that we were #17 in the waitlist to be serviced by their support representatives, and the student that we were assisting was unable to remain on the line for the wait time.....
We can't give an accurate turnaround time for CCCApply support assistance and how soon it activates on the Students' side until we try this process with another student."0
I haven't had a chance to get into the Report Center today, but the latest version of the data dictionary says the ssn field has the full ssn (Page 263 on the data dictionary). I'll confirm this when I have a chance and let you know.0
- 1.5K All Categories
- 196 CCCTC System Alerts
- 784 CCCApply
- 129 CCCApply Report Center
- 7 CCCApply Administrator
- 12 CCC Data Warehouse
- 8 CCC Glue: College Adaptor
- 75 CCC MyPath
- 18 OpenCCC Student Account
- 29 CCC Promise Grant Application
- 37 CCCApply International Application
- 63 CCC Accessibility Center
- 2 Enabling Services
- Implementation Project Managers (IPM)
- 1 College Relationship Managers (CRM)
- 47 Multiple Measures Initiative
- 46 Library Services Platform
- 11 Career Coach
- eTranscript California
- 4 C-ID
- 17 COCI
- 9 CCC ConferZoom
- 5 Best Practices for ccctechnology.info