ConferZoom Accessibility Recommendations
As more faculty members consider transitioning face-to-face courses to online, which many will include synchronous class sessions using ConferZoom, do any colleges have guidance about the ConferZoom features that are accessible?
Any information would be appreciated. JAWS
screen reading software now provides better support for Zoom. Have other assistive technology vendors implemented strategies to address accessibility barriers in Zoom? It would also help to learn more about presentation techniques that could support students with limited language, cognitive, and learning abilities.
We have agreed we would only use what we understand to be the accessible features on Zoom. This understanding comes from our own user experiences shared through our Community Group meeting calls.
On the call we will limit interaction to the following features:
- Screen sharing topics which are being discussed. As screen sharing occurs, audio description should be provided.( we will have to work as a group to decide how often we screen share)
- If you used a relay service or similar system, doing so via the phone would function the same way.
To prepare for joining the meeting please review the information below:
- Accessibility Features on Zoom
- Zoom Web Collaboration Help:
- 1.5K All Categories
- 184 CCCTC System Alerts
- 780 CCCApply
- 128 CCCApply Report Center
- 6 CCCApply Administrator
- 10 CCC Data Warehouse
- 8 CCC Glue: College Adaptor
- 75 CCC MyPath
- 18 OpenCCC Student Account
- 29 CCC Promise Grant Application
- 37 CCCApply International Application
- 63 CCC Accessibility Center
- 2 Enabling Services
- Implementation Project Managers (IPM)
- 1 College Relationship Managers (CRM)
- 47 Multiple Measures Initiative
- 46 Library Services Platform
- 11 Career Coach
- eTranscript California
- 4 C-ID
- 17 COCI
- 9 CCC ConferZoom