Google slides vs PowerPoints
edited August 2019 in CCC Accessibility Center
In getting a co-worker's course approved for the OEI exchange, the accessibility expert changed all of the Google Slides to PowerPoint files, saying that Google Slides were a no-no. I much prefer Google slides. I use Grackle Slides to check accessibility and fix any issues with alt text, slide order, unique slide names, etc.... What is the reason that PowerPoints are preferred to Google slides?
Both Google Slides and PowerPoint are accessible. It is worth noting that for Google Slides, depending on whether the user is updated to the most recent version of Chrome or Firefox, there may be discrepancies with screen readers.
I would suggest checking with the Colleges to see if there is a standard for preferred presentation format.
Feel free to reach out to us directly if you would like to discuss further.
- 1.5K All Categories
- 196 CCCTC System Alerts
- 784 CCCApply
- 129 CCCApply Report Center
- 7 CCCApply Administrator
- 12 CCC Data Warehouse
- 8 CCC Glue: College Adaptor
- 75 CCC MyPath
- 18 OpenCCC Student Account
- 29 CCC Promise Grant Application
- 37 CCCApply International Application
- 63 CCC Accessibility Center
- 2 Enabling Services
- Implementation Project Managers (IPM)
- 1 College Relationship Managers (CRM)
- 47 Multiple Measures Initiative
- 46 Library Services Platform
- 11 Career Coach
- eTranscript California
- 4 C-ID
- 17 COCI
- 9 CCC ConferZoom
- 5 Best Practices for ccctechnology.info