Will there be a delay between Alma and Primo?
What will the publishing schedule be from Alma to Primo? CSULA says that it happens every 24 hours, but I’m finding info. online that suggest it is every 6 hours. Can you confirm? Specifically, for these examples:
If library staff place an order for an item through Alma, what is the delay before the bib record displays in the Primo (and what will the availability status say for an item that is “on order” but not yet received?)
If library staff catalog and process an item in Alma (assuming they make changes to the bib record in our IZ), what is the delay before those changes are reflected in Primo?
When an item is added to Reserves, what is the delay before Primo displays that item?
Is Ex Libris working on improving the delay between Alma and Primo, i.e., decreasing the delay?
These responses are from Ex Libris, edited for brevity here:
When the CSUs adopted Alma and Primo, they began with Primo Classic. The CC contract includes use of Primo VE.
When you make a change in Alma, it will be reflected in Primo shortly afterward, typically between 10-30 minutes, depending on how many other processes are running on Alma at the time the change is made.
Re: If library staff place an order for an item through Alma, what is the delay before the bib record displays in the Primo (and what will the availability status say for an item that is “on order” but not yet received?)
Similar to the answer above, when you add a new record to Alma, it will take approximately 10 to 30 minutes to see it in Primo VE.
Important to note:
- Institutions will have the option to decide to whether or not “on order” items display in Primo VE – as not all sites select to make unavailable items like those “on order” to display for their users.
- Institutions can also decide what text displays for “on order” items – i.e. “See reference desk for more information”, “Not received”, etc.
- 1.5K All Categories
- 196 CCCTC System Alerts
- 784 CCCApply
- 129 CCCApply Report Center
- 7 CCCApply Administrator
- 12 CCC Data Warehouse
- 8 CCC Glue: College Adaptor
- 75 CCC MyPath
- 18 OpenCCC Student Account
- 29 CCC Promise Grant Application
- 37 CCCApply International Application
- 63 CCC Accessibility Center
- 2 Enabling Services
- Implementation Project Managers (IPM)
- 1 College Relationship Managers (CRM)
- 47 Multiple Measures Initiative
- 46 Library Services Platform
- 11 Career Coach
- eTranscript California
- 4 C-ID
- 17 COCI
- 9 CCC ConferZoom
- 5 Best Practices for ccctechnology.info