NEW - CCCApply Standard Application - Paper Application v1.0 Is Now Available
CCCApply has just released a paper-based version of the Standard Application for print use only.
Recommended by the CCCCO as the official, compliant, alternative to the CCCApply online application, the paper version is intended for use by special populations - such as prison inmates, seniors, and noncredit students - and students that may not have access to a computer.
Available for Download
College Admissions & Records staff can access the application from the CCCApply folder in the CCCApply Project Site File Repository. (Start download now.)
- Non-editable; For print use only
- Contains all "required" state, federal, and CCCCO residency questions exactly as they appear in the online version;
- All questions/fields are locked down (restricted); this application is not intended to be completed in a browser;
- This version is void of all "year" dates so it can be used across multiple years;
- This version mirrors the online Standard application* and will be updated annually, or in conjunction with all updates to the online application;
- An Appendix i: Information Section has been added to the last two pages of the application to provide additional information on specific required questions. This page is optional for the user.
Currently the AB620 gender questions do not appear to minors in the online application while the CCC Technology Center receives support and guidelines from the CCCCO Legal department on safe handling, data storage and data sharing requirements. Therefore, CCCApply Steering has chosen to omit these questions from the paper application to protect the privacy of the individual student. For more information on AB620 implementation in CCCApply, click here.
*2) Multiple Measures for Assessment Placement - (Included on the Paper Application)
Currently, over 50% of CCC colleges have "opted-in" to implement the optional Multiple Measures High School Transcript Information data questions in their Standard Application. Therefore, Steering approved to include these questions in the paper application. Colleges that do not wish to include these questions in the paper app, can either not print the page they appear on, or cross out the page when handing a copy of the paper app to a student. For more information on the Multiple Measures for Assessment Placement.
Why Develop a Paper Application?
The CCCApply Standard paper application was approved for development by the CCCApply Steering Committee initially to address repeated requests from colleges - and recently a Resolution submitted by the CCC Academic Senate - for a separate (shorter) online version of the online application specifically for noncredit students. These requests have suggested that many of the questions in the full application are unnecessary for noncredit and other special populations, and therefore creating a barrier for these students enrolling in community college. Indeed, many colleges are using their own custom paper applications to circumvent the online application process to collect minimal information only, and the Chancellor's Office is concerned that these unapproved versions may not be compliant with state and federal regulatory requirements and do not contain the required residency questions mandated for ALL students to determine California residency.
According to the Chancellor’s Office, very few questions could be removed from the CCCApply online application and still be in compliance; therefore, the request for a separate “noncredit” version of the online application was declined by the CCCApply Steering Committee.Currently, the Chancellor’s Office has informed colleges that the CCCApply Standard application is the approved admissions application for both credit and noncredit students; however, the Steering Committee has requested a formal statement from CCCCO Legal confirming this recommendation.
For more information about the CCCApply Standard paper application, please post a comment below.
- 48 CCCTC System Alerts
- 685 CCCApply
- 1 Enabling Services
- 56 CCC MyPath
- 114 CCCApply Report Center
- CCCApply Administrator
- 24 CCC Promise Grant Application
- 8 CCC Glue: College Adaptor
- 34 CCCApply International Application
- 47 Multiple Measures Initiative
- 13 OpenCCC Student Account
- 10 Career Coach
- eTranscript California
- 61 CCC Accessibility Center
- 5 COCI
- 9 CCC ConferZoom
- 45 Library Services Platform