The Format Definitions File

We are in the process of deciding which IA data elements to add to the format definitions XML file.  We need guidance on the following three items.

1. Can you provide more information (other than what is in the DD) about this data element? This is not a field that LACCD currently uses in the standard/domestic application.
sup_page_code

2. Will these fields eventually be used in the international application?  If so, we are considering adding them to the format definitions file so they will download in the future and we can avoid maintenance.
phone_number NOT CURRENTLY USED
phone_ext NOT CURRENTLY USED
phone_auth_txt NOT CURRENTLY USED
cryptokeyid RESERVED
last_page RESERVED
salt RESERVED
signature NOT CURRENTLY USED
current_mailing_address_outside_us NOT CURRENTLY USED
Currently Residing in U.S. NOT CURRENTLY USED

3. We do not see a need for these downloadable data elements in the format definitions file.  Is there anything we should reconsider?
tstmp_create
tstmp_update
status
non_us_permanent_home_address_same_as_permanent
non_us_permanent_home_non_us_address
perm_addr_address_verified
current_mailing_address_verified
non_us_permanent_home_address_verified
emergency_contact_address_verified
parent_guardian_address_verified
hs_address_verified
address_verified
eng_proficiency_req
eng_proficiency_show_score

FYI - There is no description for these fields in the data dictionary (they are not downloadable).
col1_college_attended_id
col2_college_attended_id
col3_college_attended_id
col4_college_attended_id

Thank you,

Olivia

Answers

• Tech_Documentation
    edited January 2017
    Hi Olivia,

1. I'm checking with our developers on the sup_page_code question.
    2. Patty Donohue will likely need to respond to your question about the possible future use of the fields not currently in use. However, I can tell you the 'Reserved' fields are only internally-used data that colleges will never need to download.
    3. The decision about which fields to download or not download appears to be wholly dependent upon your college's SIS system and data needs. I'm not sure how to answer this question. Perhaps Patty Donohue will respond to this particular question if she has a different perspective.

As to the col{1-4}_college_attended_id fields, I will check with our developers to see what description most aptly applies to this data set and update the documentation accordingly. You're correct that these fields are not downloadable, indicating that they exist for internal use only.

Diana

• Tech_Documentation
    edited January 2017
    Hi Olivia,

I checked with our developer and confirmed the following:

1. The sup_page_code is not currently used. I will update the Standard and International application data dictionaries to reflect that.

3. The col{1-4}_college_attended_id fields are internally-generated ids that are used for system internal purposes only. I'll add that description to the International data dictionary.

Thanks,
    Diana
  • Olivia_Alvarado
    edited April 2019
    Thanks Diana.  I will wait for Patty's response about questions 2 and 3.

-Olivia
  • Olivia_Alvarado
    edited April 2019
    Patty,
    We are in the process of deciding which IA data elements to add to the format definitions XML file.  We need guidance on the following two items.

1. Will these fields eventually be used in the international application?  If so, we are considering adding them to the format definitions file so they will download in the future and we can avoid maintenance.
    phone_number NOT CURRENTLY USED
    phone_ext NOT CURRENTLY USED
    phone_auth_txt NOT CURRENTLY USED
    signature NOT CURRENTLY USED
    current_mailing_address_outside_us NOT CURRENTLY USED
    Currently Residing in U.S. NOT CURRENTLY USED

2. We do not see a need for these downloadable data elements in the format definitions file.  Is there anything we should reconsider?
    tstmp_create
    tstmp_update
    status
    non_us_permanent_home_address_same_as_permanent
    non_us_permanent_home_non_us_address
    perm_addr_address_verified
    current_mailing_address_verified
    non_us_permanent_home_address_verified
    emergency_contact_address_verified
    parent_guardian_address_verified
    hs_address_verified
    address_verified
    eng_proficiency_req
    eng_proficiency_show_score

Thank you,

Olivia

• Merrie_Wales
    Merrie_Wales Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Olivia, As I am not the product manager, I will continue to defer to Patty about the "not currently used" fields, as Diana did. In answer to question 2 (or 3 originally) if your college has discussed not needing these fields, I believe you are in a better position to know your campus's needs than I am. I am not sure if the tstmp_create could be a field that you might use in an email rule, but there is no need to port it into your SIS for it to be available for an email rule. The English proficiency required field, and show score field again you are in a better position to know what information you would like in your SIS application for any kind of consolidated reporting, so I can not picture how you would need to import them into your SIS and the fields are available for reporting in the CCCApply Report Center. We believe that each College may have different needs, so these fields are available for import into your SIS. A number of College's have indicated that they will be going live with the International App (IA) over the Summer (as that is when most campus's have staff availability for the IA implementation projects) so if any College has reasons that LACCD might want to import these field values please add a comment to this thread. Olivia, please let me know if you have any additional questions.
  • FAQ
    FAQ Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Olivia, I heard back about the fields marked "NOT CURRENTLY USED": If these are not currently in the DB, then we don't have any current plans to add them at this time.
  • Olivia_Alvarado
    edited December 2016
    Thank you for your reply.
  • Olivia_Alvarado
    edited April 2019
    Thank you for the information!