Could you use CCCAssess and another standardized test to place students; for example, the Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System (CASAS)?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of FAQ

FAQ, Official Rep

  • 220 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Caryn -CAI FAQ Support

Caryn -CAI FAQ Support

  • 50 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The use of two standardized tests, such as CASAS and CCCAssess, would not fulfill the requirement to use multiple measures as they are measures that are "highly correlated" -- in other words, they are similar tools trying to measure similar skills. Colleges would need to use CCCAssess (or CASAS) along with another type of measure that is not a highly correlated assessment test.